Printing Services

Sunday, August 11, 2019

How do I setup a printer network? -

I have 1 computer that s running windows xp and is connected to a printer while being wirelessly connected to a router. My other computer is running windows vista and is connected by wire to my router. I want my vista computer to be able to use the printer that s on my xp computer. I tried so many times but I can t get to work any ideas?

Go to the computer that the printer is hooked up and go to Control Panel - Printers and right click on the printer. Select Share Printer. Once you enable sharing of the printer go to the laptop and select add new printer. Browse network and you should see it. Some sidenotes: The main PC will have to be on to print to the printer from the laptop as it is now acting as a Printer Server. Also, both the laptop and desktop have to be on the same WORKGROUP to see each other on the network. ** Did you share the printer on the XP computer? Disable your firewall or antivirus software, it may be blocking. Go to Vista security center and check that sharing and such is enabled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home