Printing Services

Sunday, July 21, 2019

How do I print to my printer from my wiresless laptop? -

I have wireless internet in my house and what im wondering is how do i connect my printer to my laptop useing my wireless internet.... im useing a wireless dsl router that is hooked to my dsl modem. the router is connected to my desktop computer useing plug number 1.... how do i set everything up so i can print to my computer the printer is plugged into my desktop computer and they are both running windows xp. im new to this whole wireless thing... and advice would be appriciated...

First if you haven t done so set your workgroup name to something of your choosing but do this the same on both machines this is found by right clicking my computer and selecting the Computer name tab then clicking the change button on both machines and typing in the exact name of your choosing into the text box next to workgroup. restart both after this chance has been made Then goto the printers and faxes folder (found in the control panel) on the computer that the printer is hocked to and right click the print r you want to share. Then select sharing... Then goto add a printer on your wireless device by going to the printers and faxes folder then click add a printer choose network printer in the second dialog box Then for a printer the next window should show the name of the PC your printer is on click to + next to it and you should see your printer select it and choose yes in the connect to printer popup the finish out the wizard. Hope this helps Good Luck and God Bless.

You can do this. First , share the printer in your desktop and search it from the laptop. Thats so simple..

You need to share the printer on the desktop machine, and search for it on your wireless laptop as A0909 B had said. What I am not so sure about is whether u can share a printer which does not have network capabilities . Hopefully someone will be able to complete my answer for u. Good Luck!

OK I m not good with the whole wireless thing that much but i think that if every thing is Huck up to the desktop then you should just be able to press print from your laptop and if you have the printer turned on it should go to the printer try and see just print something and see what the out come is.

on the desktop, go to control panel, printers and you should be able to turn on file and printwer sharing there

There s a USB cable coming out of the printer and going into the CPU of the desktop unit.Take this cable out of the CPU and connect it to the laptop.Turn the power on of the printer.NOW PLEASE PRINT FROM THE LAPTOP.

I am trying to do the same thing, except without a desk top computer. I think you can connect the printer to your router directly, either using an ethernet cable if your computer has one or if your printer only has a usb you can buy an adaptor that turns your usb port into an ethernet one. is this correct? can others verify?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home