Printing Services

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

How can I share a printer wirelessly? -

I have an epson CX9400Fax Series installed on my desktop computer. I want the printer to be accessible wirelessly from my laptop. I have a router but I don t have a print server installed. How would I go about doing this? Any help would would be greatly appreciated.

I m assuming your running windows XP. If you got to Startgt;Printers and Faxes, and then right click the printer you want to share and choose sharing. Click share this printer and give it a Share name that you will be able to remember. Then on your other computers that are connected to the same wireless network if you got to Startgt;Pritners and faxes and choose to add printer, then network printer and choose the second option(Connect to this printer) and type in \\IPAddress\sharename, the IP address you will use is the IP address from which you shared the printer from, and the share name is the name you gave the printer when you shared it. you can find your ip address in network connections, and if you right click wireless network connection and click status, it should say there.

Just right click on your printer and go to sharing and share it. Put a share name in and your set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home