Printing Services

Monday, January 14, 2019

My printer keeps saying that it has jammed paper even though there isnt any. How can i fix that? -

My printer is a Canon MP160. Everytime i try to print something it keeps saying it has jammed paper. I tried looking into the slits but there is no paper whatsoever inside the printer. I already tried pressing that button, but it doesnt do anything. Im perplexed. I do not know what to do. I need any kind of suggestion or help, I am really dependent on my printer.

The printer detects jams through the use of switches. The paper feeds and hits the first switch telling the printer that the paper hopper has paper in it. It then looks for a second switch to be tripped to verify that the paper has fed in. Somewhere in that process your printer is failing. It could be a small scrap of paper, a stuck switch, paper chafe (dust), a disconnected switch cable or a faulty controller circuit in the printer. Someone has to poke around and determine which it is.

Youll have to open it up see if there s anything in there and even dust it a bit

turn power off for a minute

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home