Printing Services

Friday, June 22, 2018

Does anyone know why my Epson C42ux printer no longer accepts compatible ink? -

I have had an Epson C42ux printer at home (used just for homeworks mainly) and up until this week I have been able to use low cost compatible ink replacement cartridges rather than the expensive Epson (OEM) brands. I have recently tried to replace the old (compatible) cartridges and get the message that the printer will not accept these. I would buy new Epson cartridges but I can get a new printer for practically the same price. Have Epson cottoned on to this or is there still something I can do. I am convinced there is nothing actually wrong with the printer.

There are so many different brands of compatibles out there these days. It sounds like you may have gotten a bad set that wasn t manufactured correctly. I d suggest returning them to where ever you bought them. Most online stores have great return policies, so it shouldn t be difficult to return them.

No you do not have to replace the printer, but you may have to replace the new ink cartridge you just bought. Epsons ink cartridges are not made to accept refills. There is a chip on the ink cartridge, so if whoever refilled the ink cartridge did not reset that or if the cartridge is damaged/worn, it will not work. Try getting a refund or new replacement. If you are paying for it, then it should work. It may just be one of those little glitches that everyone gets at one time or another. If you are using the same company for your refills, they should still continue to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home