Printing Services

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

In vista is there a way to set a networked printer to require a password to prevent accidental print jobs? -

I use windows vista home premium on my laptop and I connect to a networked printer when I m at work. I want to set up the quot;printerquot; on my laptop to require a password every time i try to use that printer so that I don t accidentally start printing jobs when I m not even at work. Is there any way to do this?

The easist way would be to create a new user named something like quot;printer.quot; Next, go into your printer sharing settings and grant quot;printerquot; share access and deny your main login access. This way when you attempt to print, you will get an access denied message and can then log in using the quot;printerquot; credentials. This is off the top of my head and may require a little tweeking but it should work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home