Printing Services

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Is it just me or does Epson ink go up every time I go into staples? -

Is it just me or does Epson ink go up by a £1 every time I go to replace it at Staples. I bought an Epson printer hoping that i could put the cheap ink in however it appears that they have upgraded their software and my Epson will not accept the cheap cartridges and it feels like the cost of replacement cartridges goes up every time I visit the only local shop(Staples) that sells them. Does anyone know of a 3 in 1 printer that does not have such expensive cartridges?

Why not buy on line it is much cheaper, shop around. I have an epson printer and used to buy mine at Jessops, they were charging £10 more than I could get them on line.

Printing companies make their money on the ink rather than the hardware, as you can only use ink of their brand. Consider yourself lucky, as when I ordered my Dell laptop they sent me a free printer. Great right? Well now I have to keep buying the expensively priced cartridges directly from Dell, (because they don t sell in the shops). I think its probably better to buy a cheap and unknown brand printer, just because the price of ink won t be astronomically high!

In March 2007 Epson won a court victory which allowed them to make printers which refuse to recognize compatibles. Since then they keep raising the price of their cartridges. A few companies have figured out a way to make their cartridges work with Epson, but you have to be careful because there are still people selling the old cartridges which won t work. I found a place in the States where I get Epson compatible cartridges for under $3 each. They even hold 50% more ink. (Http://ccs-digital.com) There are probably similar places on your side of the pond.

That s how printer manufacturers make their money. They sell you the printer below cost and then they overcharge on the ink. Obviously it is in their best interest to prevent you from buying cheaper ink from alternative manufacturers. Personally I own a Canon 4 in 1 printer with separate cartridges for each color. It allows me to keep my costs down although I m not a heavy printer. :)

You can buy a kit in Tescos to refill your old cartridges. Only cost about a tenner I think and will refill up to 6 times. Not that hard to use, but involves making a small hole in the top of the cartridge. Do tend to get ink on your fingers.

Printer ink is way over priced, I got mine on Ebay, I saved over half the price on there. Maybe it will be cheaper for you too.

They have a new Kodak printer that uses much less ink and the ink itself is cheaper (at least Kodak says so...)

So now you know why everybody is going to CVS to get ink as well as walgreens

i have espon too.... it sucks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home