Printing Services

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

What is wrong with my Lexmark wireless printer? -

I have a wireless printer and only way it would work is if I have router. My roomate has a computer, and because mine is a laptop I have to work off her route. It is all hooked up to her computer but is not working from mine. It is working, of course, on hers. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be?

Not knowing exactly which model you have the following is a general explanation on the way most wireless printers work. Wireless printers still have a USB port to connect directly to a computer via the USB, and that has nothing to do with the wireless connection. If it s connected to your roommate s computer, you must have used the USB cable to do this and installed the local drivers on your roommate s computer. To use the Printer wireless, it need to on your wireless network. - Your router(properly called a router/switch) need to be a wireless router in order to communicate with the wireless devices. I m going to assume that you already have a wireless router because you have a laptop and I m assuming you re getting online through the wireless router. What you need to do is: 1- disconnect the USB cable from the printer. 2- Have your roommate go into the router settings and make sure the printer is connected wirelessly to the network. 3- Install the network drivers from the install disk that came with the printer. This program will install drivers, seek out the printer on the network and add it to you list of available printers. Feel free to e-mail me if you need additional assistance. Good luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home