Printing Services

Monday, October 10, 2016

How do I know if my printer is compatible with Windows Vista? -

I am considering purchasing a laptop with Windows Vista, but I have a HP PSC1400 printer I would like to use with it. How do I know if my printer is compatible with Vista?

It is. The entire 1400 series uses the same Vista driver, so you can download it at the following link. Just save it amp; run it on the new PC (before you plug in your printer).

I have a PSC1400 too, just download the new driver from their site with Vista support http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_… Hope this helps amp; good luck,

Probably not. But you may be able to download new drivers.

go to the printer website and look for your answer. chances are they have developed a driver to make it compatible.

Usually the latest version of windows may be compatible to more printers, the difference is just the drivers. From my experience, win vista has very little difference from XP in terms of its drivers and utilities, where if you have the printer s cd, you can just install it and it will work fine.

Go to www.hp.com - look for support and drivers and put your printer model. you can also do a regular search for it. Once you find your printer on their site, see if they have drivers for Windows Vista. If they don t, they may say that drivers are built into Vista. The best thing is to read on the page for your printer.... I couldnt find a 1400, but I found a psc1401... (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=1103491amp;lc=enamp;cc=usamp;dlc=enamp;submit.y=0amp;submit.x=0amp;lang=enamp;cc=us) It seems to indicate that drivers are available for Vista and your printer should work. However, you may want to call HP and talk to a sales person. Tell them you are planning on buying a new computer (HP of course) and want to know if your HP printer is FULLY compatible with Vista. Sometimes all-in-ones or specialty printers work at a basic level and miss out on special features, simply because drivers are not 100% ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home