Printing Services

Friday, February 12, 2016

I have multiple printers I hooked up and want to print from multiple programs. ? -

I have an okidata printer that I need only to print from one program. And I have an all in one hp printer that I would like to print from all other programs. How do you set up both printers to act as a quot;defaultquot; for the different programs. I know this is possible because we have other computers set up this way, however, the particular person who did that is no longer here and just by looking at settings, I cannot figure it out. Please help!

This is an interesting twist. Back in the pre-windows days, you had to setup each application specifically for the same or a different printer. In the windows world, the operating system handles the printing for you so there is a quot;default printerquot; if it is set where all applications will print if the print command is issued. One trick would be to setup 2 user logons. Then the application to print to the Okidata would be set for the default there and the rest would be on the quot;mainquot; userid to default to the all in one printer. This is almost certainly an application specific question. You need to check with the application FAQ s for the one you want to print on the Okidata printer and see if there is anything useful on that website. My word application offers a list of the printers/printer drivers I have available under Vista when I asked it to print. Would having a drop down list to select from be sufficient if you can t replicate the other guys trick? Which application do you want to print on the Okidata? Use the edit button to add information. Maybe we can help more with more information.

Each program should have a File gt; Print dialog and you can select the default printer for that program there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home