Printing Services

Friday, May 16, 2014

Why is my printer printing all my images red? -

My ink levels are high and I did a test print page to align everything, yet all of my pictures, especially black and white images, are all printing out mostly red. Anyone else encounter this problem or know what the problem is?

Easy Answer Your cyan nozzle is blocked You don t say what name or model printer you have but for example in my Canon IP6000 D printer here is what I do: Every month I take out all the cartridges and then remove the print head, a very simple one second operation. I take a few twin tips and a little alcohol and gently clean each of the 6 ink ports or jets, first one end for the alcohol clean and the other end to dry it off. Now I return the print head and the cartridges and go to control panel, printers and faxes, then I go to maintenance and press DEEP CLEAN. I do this 3 or 4 times in order to get the ink flowing through all the tiny ports. Now I do a sample quot;nozzle checkquot; (press the nozzle check button) and a sheet will come out of your printer showing that each color is NOW printing. If it isn t then you will have to go back and clean the blue and photo blue ports until it comes clean. That s all there is to it. Constant maintenance as above has kept my printer working for 3 or 4 years. To save money I fill my cartridges at about 50 cents per fill but you can buy cartridges if you prefer. Hope this helps. If you need any more help just e-mail me. Glad to help another member since many members have helped me down through the years.

Check all your color setting properties on the printer. If all look good, I would try reloading the drivers. If still print in red I would reinstall the printer/drivers amp; ensure the color scheme is set to Bamp;W only. Once you have that working you can try to print in color again. Good Luck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home