Printing Services

Monday, December 17, 2012

How do I print wirelessly without purcahsing anything that Ive already got? -

I have a Belkin Wireless Router and Adapter. A Dell AIO 962 Printer. A Dell Desktop computer with Windows 2000 (which is connected to the adapter). A Dell Laptop running on Windows XP with a built in WIreless Adapter. I would like to be able to print from my Laptop wirelessly to my printer which is connected to the Desktop with Windows 2000. I have all neccessary software drivers for all of my hardware involved, and can download any type of firmware or something of the sort. I know printing wirelessly is possible, because it was at one time, but when I moved, it was lost.

Simply share the printer. Go to quot;Printers and Faxesquot; and right click on your printer. Select quot;Sharingquot;. Now go to quot;Printers and Faxesquot; in your notebook and select quot;Add a new printerquot;. When prompted select quot;Networkquot; rather than quot;Localquot;. This is similar to quot;Mapping a Network Drive..quot; in the respect it will now be available over your LAN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home