Printing Services

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Whats the best type of HP printer for home-based graphic design business? -

I m starting my own home-based graphic design business and just purchased a HP officejet Pro L7780 and found it hard to meet my requirement. 1. Wireless - I have to reconnect it about every two weeks. WHY? 2. Borderless - it expended my design layout when I ask to print borderless. WHY? 3. It smudged my print when I was printing brochure (3 times, wasted my ink) Now since I purchased this printer online from HP about 3 months ago already and not sure if HP will refund my money, I probably have to do an exchange. Any suggestion on my next printer? Laser? Inkjet? What model is better? I do brochures, post cards, flyers and invitations.

Laser printers are usually the best as far as that goes. Take a look into the HP 2600n. This printer is not wireless, but it does have built-in networking. To makes this printer wireless, all you would have to do is plug the printer into the ethernet port of your wireless router. Documents and brochures that are printer on a laser printer are largely smudge resistant. Also, the overall text quality will be better. HP is still a great choice for office. 50% of all printers sold are HP. It s just a matter of finding the right one for you.

HP printers are terrible. Your problems are what every HP printer owner goes through. I hooked up a brand-new, very expensive HP printer for someone, and it was jamming already. My recommendation, based on how much you want to spend, is the Canon Pixma Pro9000 or 9500 or, if you don t want to spend that much, then go with any other Canon inkjet model. Because the quality of the print is essential to your business, I think you could justify spending the money on the Canon Pro models, as they are specifically designed for this sort of thing. And, if HP won t refund your money right away, haggle with them, because no matter what HP printer you get, you ll get the same results. In response to the answer below, laser printer are more expensive for the same quality on an inkjet, and lasers have a different look to them when things are printed. Inkjets have a more natural print output. Also, the reason HPs are popular is the same reason their computers are popular - many people do not have much knowledge about computers, and just go with whatever brand they ve heard of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home