Printing Services

Sunday, July 22, 2012

What do you do when your fax machine picks up your home phone calls? -

i have one line for my fax and phone. However my fax s last four digits are different. Anyway if i set my fax on the fifth ring some people cannot send me a fax so i set it on 3rd ring. The problem this poses is that after the third ring you hear the fax pick up with an annoying screeching.I have tried line splitters and many other things. PLEASE HELP! Thanks Sammy

You must set your answering machine to pick up at 4 rings. Then set your fax to pick up at 5th ring or later. It should be able to detect voice or fax on line. Hope that helps.

You should use distinctive ring - DRD because you have a different number for your faxmachine (are you sure about that ?). I don t see why if you set the fax to answer after 5 rings some people can t send to you faxes (like your fax is not answering after 5 rings??) but same people can send if you set your faxmachine to answer after 3 rings ...doesn t make sense...your fax should give a fax tone and look for a fax tone from the other end after how many ring you set it. Try to connect your phone using the phone extension jack from your faxmachine if has one.

Actualy there isn t much u can do. Because I also have a fax on the same number, but I haven t had the problem of fax not coming in when it is set on 5 rings. Maybe you can try to tell the people that are faxing you, to call and tell first. So then you know you are about to receive a fax and manualy set receive. I used to do that in the past, when I was receiving fax from The Netherlands. And then you can leave the fax at 5 rings.

If the fax number is different than your home phone, how can it still work on the same line? Use two lines; one for a fax (dedicated number/line) and one for your home phone. This way, you can fax all day long and it won t interfere with your phone conversations. Or go through your computer to do all the faxing or do your phone calls through the computer. I have skype, and a home phone, so actually I have two phone lines. And I can efax through my computer. I never have issues this way.

You either have to have a separate phone line for you fax, or you can get a distinctive ring for about 6.00 a month from your phone company, and that will work, read your manual for your fax it will tell you how to set it up.

When you hear the fax sound, usually dial 1,2,3 and it will go to the printer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home