Printing Services

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Why would a full ink cartridge not work? -

I am pretty sure that our color ink cartridge is full. It still feels heavy, I could swear I just changed it like 3 weeks ago, and shouldn t it feel light if it is empty? Well, when it prints, it doesn t print in full color. It prints in yellow and black with lines through it. I know I installed it correctly. Any suggestions?

I had something similar and found out that the printhead needs replacing/cleaned. Sometimes ink dries out and clogs something. There may be a quot;deep cleaningquot; option in your printer preferences. This is if you have exhausted the other choices, then ask staples about this and bring them a sample printout with model.

Usually your computer and/or your printer will give you a quot;messagequot; saying that a particular ink cartridge is getting low on ink. So, if it s not doing that and if your color still isn t printing correctly, I don t know what to suggest. Sorry ... I know that s not much help. (Personally, I can t tell any difference in their weight when they re full versus empty. Sometimes you can hold them up to the light and tell whether they look empty.) Maybe you did more color printing than you realized you did?? My experience is that printing just quot;eats upquot; the ink ...

It won t work if it s not compatible with you re Printer,it s empty or you haven t inserted it correctly into the Ink cartridge. And did you aligning the Ink once you inserted it in the carriage? If not then that could explain why it s printing out streaky.

problem with the contacts on the cartridge, is this a recycled cartridge? - i d return it and get it swapped

have you calibrated the printer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home