Printing Services

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Is it possible to printer over a network without the driver installed? -

I have a home network between two of my computers. One of them is operating Windows 98 and the other is operating Windows XP. I have a printer connected to the Windows 98 computer with the driver for the printer installed. However, I have lost the disc for installing the drivers. I am wondering if it is possible print from the Windows XP computer over the network without having the driver installed on it. Thanks!

You d probably need the driver. You could try a work-around by direct-connecting the printer to the XP computer. The XP computer may then automatically find the printer to print... but whether you can then disconnect the direct-connection and reattach the printer to the networked computer, I don t know (without trying this myself but we do not have any 98 machines). I would just go online and google the make/model of your printer and download a new driver -- you can find them for free. Check at the manufacturer s site. Good luck.

You could try auto install. On XP if you connect by wire you might be able to automatically get the drivers from the internet using the found new hardware wizard. I you do try this scelect get drivers automatically when the hardware wizard pops up.

Yes You can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home