Printing Services

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

How can I print a photo without any white boarders of empty paper left along the sides and bottom? -

I have a lexmark X 5150 all in one printer and I m trying to print a photo as my cover page for a book I made for a summer school assignment. I m going to have it laminated and binded at Office Max if I can just get this cover right. The printer prints the photo well but in the page setup I can never get the printer to print on the entire sheet of photo paper. Everytime I print the photo it has a white boarder of half an inch of empty space around the sides and the bottom. Do I need to get a special printer or is there a place like Office Max who can print out the photo for me if I take in a CD to them? Please Help! Thank you!

You need a printer that has driver software that allows borderless printing. If available it will be an option in the page setup. Unless a printer is designed for it the ink can get over the edge of the paper and mess up the printer.

You can t boarder less printing is a special feature on a printer. Your printer does not offer that feature.

Have you been adjusting the margins in Page Setup? I am assuming you are working with Microsoft Word. If this is true, go to File-gt;Page Setup and then click on the margins tab. From there you can set the margins of the pages. If you want to eliminate the white on the pages, make sure to set the left, right, top, bottom, and all of the gutter margins to 0.

Try using Paint to streach the picture bigger. Hope this helps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home