Printing Services

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

How do I change my documents from read only so I can print them? -

I have several documents in WordPerfect that are read only and I need to print them. Thanks in advance.

search in yahoo web search for it or its software , you will get it

right click on documents and go to properties. u would find and option uncheck read only.

First, the fact that they are read only should not affect if you can print them. They should only allow you not to change them. Second, I would suggest copying the files as I am assuming they were made read only for a reason. Two ways below. Do whatever you feel more comfortable with. 1) Open in Word Perfect and Save As some other file. It will save as a regular document. 2) Find the file using Windows Explorer, right click on the file, and uncheck the Read-only attribute. Click OK.

In Windows Explorer, right click on the file. A menu will pop up. Down near the bottom, select quot;Propertiesquot;. A new window will pop up which has info about the file. Near the bottom, you ll see quot;Read Onlyquot; and quot;Hiddenquot;, with a check-box next to each one. Uncheck quot;Read Only.quot; Click OK. You should be good to go.... UNLESS!!! Unless it was WordPerfect that made it read-only. If that s the case, you may have to figure out how to undo that in WordPerfect. Try my method first. It s simple, and if it doesn t work, you can try to figure out WP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home