Printing Services

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What resolution is the best to use for the clearest pictures printed out on paper from my computer ? -

I want to print pics from my computer.The ones I did are not very good.You can see the pixels in them.What settings can I use to make them better ? My printer will only print on paper too so I just need to know about the resolution I guess.Any tips or advice ? Thanks

150 dpi will be alright, as long as you dotn get too close, though 300dpi is the preffered resoltuion. when printing picks form a digi-cam i beleive the minum resoltuoin for decent 6*4quot; printout is 4megapixels. if your ptinting full sheets of paer youll need at least 6megapixels.

A 4X6quot; picture should have 300dpi. If you want to print larger than that, it does not sound like you will be able to, with the pictures from your computer. Once you tell your camera what resolution you want it to take a picture at, you are pretty set on that resolution. You can enhance it, but this is where you are going to run into pixelization, unless you are proficient in photo editing software. What type of printer do you have that will only print on paper? Are you sure that you know what types of printing media your printer settings have. If you do not have an option in your printers settings/preferences, then I would just use photo paper. Your pictures will definitely look better than on plain paper and it will remove some of the pixelization. Just use the photo paper compatible with your printer (HP=HP photo paper, Epson=Epson photo paper etc.). I have an Epson printer and tried printing on the less expensive Kodak paper. What a mistake. I could see lines through the picture and it took days for the ink to dry. The printer companies make their own paper and ink to be compatible with each other. So my Epson printer, printing on Kodak paper, did not allow the same chemical reaction as Epson ink and paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home