Printing Services

Friday, March 13, 2009

How can I add a second printer without it interferring with my default printer? One is a flatbed and one is no? -

I have the flatbed printer as my default printer, but I also want to add another printer without a flat screen. I just don t want to lose my default setup. I had a hard time getting that one squared away. Thanks for your help.

Just simply add the printer and when it asks you if it is going to be the default printer, answer NO. When you print from your applications, you will have to choose it on the fly if you want to print with that particular printer. Otherwise, your flatbed printer will take priority. If you choose to print on that new printer, it will not affect your default which will always be the flatbed since YOU specified it as so.

When you add a second printer it usually makes that one the default. Then you can go into your printers section from the start button or control panel, right click the one you want as the default and choose set as default printer. That s it.

Just make sure that the main printer is set as the default printer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home