Printing Services

Saturday, April 27, 2019

How do I wirelessly connect my laptop to my printer? -

I have an Epson Printer and a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I ve tried quot;sharingquot; my printer but what do I do from there? Please be specific and put things in layman s terms if at all possible. :)

I put my printer on a D-Link DP-300U Print Server attached to my Wireless Router. I am using a USB Canon MP830 all-in-one. The Print Server allows 2 USB and 1 Parallel printers to all share the same IP address with different port names. I also set up my Router to always give the same IP address to the the Print Server, instead of configuring the Print Server with a static IP address. Finally, I bought a two-port USB switch and attached it to the printer. Make sure you buy one with an external switch as well as software switch. Most of the time, the printer is connected to the Print Server so that everyone in the house can use it. I have a USB cable from my PC and another one from my Print Server to this switch. Then, a single cable from the switch to the all-in-one. If I need to scan or fax from my PC, I use the software switch or press the hardware switch to change it to my PC. However, when I am done, the software switch doesn t let me change it back to the Print Server. The manual button on the USB switch lets me change it back when I am done. Another option is that most newer printers have a USB port that allows you to attach accessories, such as a blue-tooth receiver. If your printer has an external USB port, you can install a wireless receiver on your printer and connect via blue-tooth (or otherwireless connection) to print. This can also be used for other devices, such as your cell phone that has a camera.

First run wireless setup wizard. Print the network configuration page. Open internet explorer and type the ip address of the printer in the address bar and press enter. If you are able to see the printer information page then communication is fine. Now try to print, if you are unable to print. gt; Click on start gt; Control Panel gt; printer and faxes folder gt; Right click on the printer icon gt; select properties gt; Ports tab gt; select the port as standard TCP/IP and configure the port with IP address of the printer gt; Click on Apply and OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home