Printing Services

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Can barcodes be printed using a regular laser printer, or do I need to buy a specific type of printer for them -

I dont want to invest in buying a new specific printer for barcodes (which will have no other use except for printing barcodes). Is there a way to print them using my regular laser printer?

Barcodes can be printed by any printer... thermal, thermal ribbon, laser, inkjet, even old-fashioned dot-matrix. (I used to run a small printshop that prints LOTS and LOTS of barcodes) However, just make sure you get the right software to print the right barcode. Some barcodes have special requirements like spacing and such. The only exception, you can call it an exception, are checks. Checks require use of special magnetic toner (it s called MICR technology). However, that s not really quot;barcodesquot;.

When I print out boarding passes and tickets for airline flights ,they have barcodes. I print them straight off my home printer..Epsom DX 4400. They are acceptable to airport security all over the world...including the USA. I not sure what use you have in mind for yours though. I should imagine that the barcode reader would need to know what the bars represent though. Product code...price code etc. I would assume that the barcodes on my flight tickets would relate to .. Date of flight...Time of Flight...Destination..etc.

I use Bar Code Pro By Veribar and print bar codes all the time.

i would think you cannot print barcodes on a regular printer,they are for retail purposes only.why would you want to print them yourself???

Absolutely. Universal Barcodes are meant to be easily printed and read. The main benefit of getting a printer especially for barcodes is that it may be easier to do things like print them on stickers. However, with a little effort even stickers can be done on your standard laser printer. I m fairly certain that barcode scanners are sufficiently advanced enough as to read from even a dot matrix printer (don t quote me on that though).

Yes. Bar codes can be pretty much anything that is black and white. A laser printer should work just fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home