Printing Services

Monday, March 23, 2015

Which all-in-one inkjet printer should I buy if I want to print directly onto CDs and DVDs? -

I m looking for an all-in-one printer+scanner that is capable of printing directly onto inkjet-printable CDs and DVDs. I ve found only two models, HP Photosmart C5280 and Epson Stylus Photo RX595. Are there anymore of such kind? Do Cannon and Lexmark make such all-in-one printers with the features I specified above?

Canon MP610 does. http://www.canon.com.au/products/all_in_one_printers/all_in_one_printers/mp610.aspx All printer consumable can be found @ www.123inkjets.com.au

As someone who was in the computer hardware business for years (though I rarely sold printers since I couldn t compete with the crazy rebates) I have always recommended Epson. The print quality is excellent, even on plain paper. I have photos I printed on a 640 about ten years ago hanging in my office which still look good, though not as good as the ones from the CX8400 on glossy paper. The warranty is excellent. For a year, Epson will express-ship a replacement and pick up the old one. I had one customer who needed this. He called one afternoon and had the replacement two days later. Another client bought a Canon. It needed two repairs within a few months. Each time it was taken to the repair center, then picked up a few days later. This client runs a specialty printing business and this really hurt. They have since bought an Epson CX5000 and have had no down time since. All name brand ink is expensive, but you can get cheap new replacement cartridges for Epson (not refills which I never recommend) for under $5 at http://ccs-digital.com/ink.asp I have been using these for years. The RX595 scanner/copier/printer prints on DVDs. It uses 5 colors plus black and has high photo quality. It s on sale for $80 after $55 instant rebate. http://www.cheapstingybargains.com/54342…

HP, Epson and Canon do make CD/DVD printing models (although the Canon is an advanced model). So I will tell you a little about each of them. HP uses a tri-color and black ink cartridge (everyday setup). If you want to print photos, you need to take out the black and replace with a photo tri-color cartridge (6 ink printing). So, depending on what you want to print, depends on which cartridges are installed. Epson uses 6 individual ink cartridges. This way you only replace the color you are out of (tri-color, if cyan is empty, you throw away yellow and magenta. Also applies to the photo cartridge). With the 6 color setup, you do not have to change cartridges for text and photo printing. The selections you make in the print properties, tell the printer to use 4 inks or 6. Canon uses 5 ink cartridges (although I do not know why they use 2 blacks). 1 black pigment ink and 1 black, cyan, magenta and yellow. So you do not have the option of 6 ink printing for photos, but it will print photos, just not as good as a 6 ink printer. Here are links to each. You can check out their spec sheets and do your own comparison HP http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shoppi… Epson http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consu… Canon http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/contro… Personally I recommend the Epson, since I have it and I love everything about it. I recommend it to everyone and I know a bit about printers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home