Printing Services

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Are there printers that use just one b/w ink cartridge and one color cartridge at the same time? -

I want to buy a non-expensive inkjet printer and I keep hearing of printers with 4 cartridges, etc. Where I used to work, the printer only had two cartridges, one b/w and one color. I forgot the name of that printer. Wouldn t this kind of printer be a better option (less ink to buy)? Or am I wrong? Please suggest any that you like. Thanks.

First, a printer with 3 colors on one cartridge would be more expensive. If you ran out of one color, you d have to replace all three. Separate colors is a much better option which is why almost all new printers have this feature. Now if you re looking for a printer which is 1) inexpensive 2) reliable 3) backed by a good warranty and 4) uses inexpensive ink, look at the Epson NX200 scanner/copier/printer currently available at Officemax for $40, down from $80 - no rebate needed. I just picked one up for my dad and another for my sister. http://officemax.shoplocal.com/officemax… I have been recommending and using Epson for many years for the 4 reasons I mentioned. The best warranty in the industry. For a year, Epson will express-ship a replacement and pick up the old one. I get cartridges for my Epsons from http://ccs-digital.com for under $3 each which hold 50% more ink than standard cartridges.

Diamond don t forget that a single color cartridge is 3 color cartridges in one- you just usually have less total volume of each color, and since it s rare that you will use each color equally, you ll be buying a new tri-color cartridge when you run out of any one color, with not much choice but to discard or recycle the remainder which is ink you ve paid for but now cannot use. Give this some consideration in your choice, and look into any nearby cartridge refilling stores or other ways to make use easiest for you.

well i have a canon i250 that has 1 black amp; 1 color cartridge, but i think its out of date. my new printer is a canon ip300 and it has only 1 color cartridge. you better go ask you local computer peipherals store. as for the ink expenditure..it all depends on your usage pattern

Buy your printer according to the price of ink refills. I found HP to be the least expensive in my area.

yes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home