Printing Services

Friday, August 23, 2013

Does anyone know why my magenta ink wont print but all the others will? -

I have a brother MFC-5840CN copier, printer, fax, scanner. All of the ink prints except the magenta. I have replaced the ink so I know it isn t that and I have cleaned the print heads 5 times. The magenta will not print at all. It is out of warranty and not sure if it would be worth taking somewhere to have it looked at.

If the ink cartridges have been in the printer for a while, maybe the cartridge is good and just needs some encouragement to begin working again. Obtain a rather moist paper towel and hold against the bottom of the ink cartridge. If ink flows out quickly I would conclude it s not clogged however, if not, keep it their for about 15 min or until you begin to see a flow of ink. :-)

The printhead must be buster. It has to be replaced. Or best buy new printer if the parts cost more. I ve checked their site and doesn t find printhead for your specific model. However you may check it yourself: http://www.brother-usa.com/SiteSearch.as…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home