Printing Services

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Is it possible to defeat the software on the Lexmark 1300 printer? -

I have a Lexmark Z1300 printer and recently expended the ink that came with the printer when it was new. A friend of mine gave me a refill kit and I have used similar kits on other printers successfully before. I refilled the cartridge and the software keeps insisting that the cartridge is empty and refuses to let the printer print. Can this feature be defeated? How do I do it? Thanks

Yes, you can shut down the software and it s printer management features and just use the driver to print with. Go to the little icons next to your system clock, and you should find a Lexmark Solution Center (or whatever, I have a different one, the 2300) that you can close. You can even uninstall the software if it s that bad; doing so won t uninstall the driver you need to print with, just the management software, which you ve apparently outgrown.

I found this site after hours of googling the problem; none of the solutions on the page worked for this person either. Does anyone else have a solution. http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/51393 Report Abuse

uninstall then reinstall the software. This woulks 95% of the time It could be software error and this is the quickest way to fix it.

the cartridge itself may have chips that communicate with the printer driver saying how much is left. if the original ink dries out and you want to refill it, you should also reset the chip so that it can tell the drivers that it is filled once more.

Hello, I have the same printer. I have been doing research on how to get the printer to accept the refilled cartridge. First of all the software removal trick does NOT work. I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled and it did NOT work. I made sure no lexmark programs were running in the background and that did not work either. (used msconfig as well as a program called enditall 2). Are you using cartridge number 28 or cartridge 34? I heard a rumor that the 34 high yield black cartridges do not have this problem but I cannot confirm this at the moment. I have been digging through google for months now trying to find the solution and in my opinion I believe that there is a chip inside the printer that keeps a record of the cartridge serial number and the amount of ink left. I absolutely refused to let lexmark get away with this so I dissambeled the printer and I discovered a memory chip but im not sure if its the crartridge memory chip or the printer s firmware. I also heard a rumor that after about 3 - 5 new cartridges the printer starts to forget the older cartridges so that may work but again I cannot confirm this. Im sorry I could not answer your question but I hope that someone more knowledgeable can come up with the solution as I refuse to let lexmark win regarding this. These new printers that have the iPod look and feel are the same old bag of evil tricks that lexmark is used to doing.

ok lie to the computer list it as an apollo 2200 etc this should work as i have done it b4 for different reasons but its worth a ret cant see why it shouldnt work

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home