Printing Services

Friday, July 19, 2013

Can the printer be useful after long time being off? -

I have a printer Epson for more than 6 years. In the last 2-3 years it is completely off, im not using it coz i got a new one. I have been told that, if u dont use the printer continuously goes quot;dryquot; and after a period of time it is completely useless, i can not use it. Is that true?

if you replace the ink cartridges you should be fine. I am using a old dot matrix printer that I have had for about 20 some odd years and it was left packed away for about 5 years at one point. I just replaced the ribbon made sure there wasn t any dust and that packed in it anywhere and then I turned it on and ran off a bunch of letters. Might be a good idea after you replace the ink to go ahead and do all the cleaning cycles your printer has available.

Maybe not. I think you can change the cartridge only. You d better make the cartridge run out next time http://www.toboc.com/forum3/default.aspx… http://www.toboc.com/forum3/default.aspx…

You can try replacing the cartridges first and then try printing off a test page. It could still be usable if you have the right connectors and device drivers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home