Printing Services

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Why do I have to restart my computer to get my printer to work? -

As soon as my computer restarts my printer starts working... Other than that it will not print.

It really depends upon the printer, if you have it hooked up to a standard USB or Parallel port then you have a spooler issue, that means that you print spooler is freezing after use. With this it can sometimes be fixed by updating the driver version or getting the most recent updates of your OS. If you have your printer on a high transfer data port the issue get more complicated. In that case you have a BIOS issues, that is the printer is trying to send to the wrong port. it needs to be hard booted every time to refresh that assignment. In this case, I am of little help, I call a tech when it comes time to mess with the BIOS.

Try reinstalling your printer drives. Check the ink cartridges are installed properly. Also check they have ink. Use high quality paper. Check for drivers, software and other on your manufacturer website.

your computer need to reset itself to recognize the printer if u already have the drivers it should be no problem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home