Printing Services

Thursday, September 13, 2012

How do I share a printer between two computers? -

My computer is the main comp. My partner connects to the same network through a router. We don t have file sharing on or anything but I want to be able to enable printer sharing. How do I do this? What port do I use if I need to? What print server name do I use or where do I find it, etc.? Thanks in advance. If I need to provide more information, please just let me know.

First thing you need to do: Network the two computers. if they re already networked, go to Printers and Faxes and make sure the printer is set to network. In some cases, you ll need to install a copy of the drivers on the other computer.

1) You have to turn on printer sharing on the pc the printer is attached to. 2) You can name it whatever you want. 3) On the other pc you go to Printers and install a network printer when it asks the question. (You may have to install the regular printer driver too)

The printer is hooked up to one of the computers. On THAT computer, go into the Control Panel; Printers and Faxes, right-click the computer you want to share, and go to quot;sharingquot;. quot;Do you want to share this printer?quot; YES You ll have to give it a name. Once that s done, go to the OTHER computer, Control Panel, Add Printer, Add Network Printer, Browse - that should find it, then say OK and it should appear on the list of printers for the new computer as linked through the other computer.

All you have to do is...ask the two computers if they are willing to share the printer. It is that easy...

You should be able to go to my computer (on the computer the printer is attached to), printers and faxes. In there you should see the printer, right click on it and you should see a sharing option. Click sharing and make sure the box that says share printer is checked, you can create a name for the printer in there, heavensprinter or whatever. I think from there your other computer should be able to find it but I am not sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home