Printing Services

Sunday, May 10, 2009

How do I figure out if this printer will be compatible with my computer? -

My grandparents are thinking of giving me a HP deskjet Printer 952C, and I have no idea how to figure out if it will be compatible with my computer. I have a Dell Inspiron 6400; how do I figure this out?

It will be compatible. Most USB current printers are compatible with any USB capable computer. You may have to find the drivers for it (if the printer doesn t come with them, though, they usually do). But it will work.

If it uses USB, just plug it in. Drivers, if needed, are available on the HP website.

Your should nt have any problems. Your operating system will load generic drivers if you don t have the installation CD. (or you can download from the internet). Just connect it , start up the computer and follow the instructions.

It doesn t matter what computer you have, it matters what Operating System you have. If you have Windows XP, you should be fine, just go to HP s website to find the driver for it. If you have Vista, well it might not work.

Some older printers have a parallel output connector, not a USB. Check which type the printer has, then check which one your Dell has. USB is a small rectangular connector, parallel is larger, quot;Dquot; shaped with 25 contacts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home